10 Simple Steps to Installing and Using CBData®
- Download your copy of CBData® from www.CBDataSystems.com or install CBData® using your CD-ROM. BE SURE THE INSTALL PROGRAM IS SAVED ON THE "C" DRIVE.
The simple installation and registration process takes only minutes. Restart your computer.
- Open CBData® and register your product; you’ll need the serial number that came in the email confirmation.
- Create your Username, Password, input your social security number or tax ID and create two Secret Questions and Answers for when/if you forget your Username or Password.
The secret questions and answers gives you access to forgotten usernames and passwords
- Decide which members of your family need CBData® Children, Grandchildren, Parents, Grandparents, etc.
- Decide what types of information you would like to track, e.g. Pets, Cholesterol, Meds, Investments, Policies, Wine Collection, Airline Miles, Credit Scores - or all of them!
- Locate the personal, medical and financial data listed in the CBData® Startup Checklist located in Appendix A of the Help Menu
Pull all your medications together, gather all passwords, make a list of your assets, etc. If you need help, call us! We have a Certified JumpStart Concierge service that can help you.
- Fill out the simple Quick Start Form with as much information as you can; you will be able to input many more items for each category, once you get into the main program! When you click “GO”, watch CBData® automatically populate appropriate fields with the information you input.
- Import data into CBData® from sources such as Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Quicken® and QuickBooks®. There is no need to re-enter already existing data. Then populate the product with whatever additional information you want, even attaching documents, scans and pictures. You don’t have to do everything at once; just pick the one area that gives you the most pain and work on that one. Think of CBData® as a set of building blocks; you can always build on what you have and you don’t need to go out and buy more software!
- Decide what you’d like to sync to your mobile app; your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and soon, your Android, and go into Tools -> Mobile Device App and select the SubTabs of information to sync.
- Decide how you would like to back up your encrypted data; USB drive, CD, physical binder, to the Internet or all of them!